Tax Foreclosure Sales
2022 Tax Foreclosure Sale will be held virtually on www.publicsurplus.com
Sale will open 9:00am November 18 and close 9:00pm November 20, 2022.
The next tax foreclosure sale will be held virtually, opening on November 18 at 9:00am and closing on November 20, 2022 at 9:00pm.
A list of parcels subject to the tax foreclosure sale in 2022 have been published in the Peninsula Daily News on September 2, 2022. The original list of properties listed on the Certificate of Delinquency originally filed with the Court is available at the link below.
Disclaimer for Foreclosure Sales
Please remember these are buyer-beware sales. It is entirely your responsibility to research any property you consider bidding on. Title reports on the subject properties are available for review in the Clallam County Treasurer's Office as they become available; and will be available on line (see link below) closer to the date of sale.
The tax foreclosure sale properties are offered on a "whereas" and "as is" basis, and the County makes no representation or warranty, expressed or implied, nor any guaranty of warranty, expressed or implied, as to the condition of title to any property, nor the physical condition of any property or its fitness for any use or purposes. Bidders are further advised that certain properties may be subject to easements or use restrictions set forth in the Covenants, Rights, and Restrictions of certain plats, as well as in zoning and other land use controls. Certain properties may be, or contain, "wetlands" or other "critical areas," or may be designated as "Open Space", "Open Area," "permanent Open Area," "Common Area," or similar designations, and as such, may be subject to restrictions which include, but are not limited to, prohibitions on placing improvements on such properties. Bidders are further advised that Clallam County does not warrant or make any express or implied representations regarding the physical condition of any property including, but not limited to, whether the property is contaminated with hazardous waste or contamination from any source.
It is the bidder's sole responsibility to make any determination for usability and fitness for any intended use. This sale will be conducted virtually on the Public Surplus site. Please make sure to read the Terms and Conditions of this sale thoroughly. View the Clallam County Foreclosure Sale - Public Surplus.
Additional Auction Information
- You must become a registered bidder through Public Surplus in order to bid on this auction, if you have questions or issues please use the chat feature or reach out to Public Surplus directly. We do not manage the website and will not respond to emails or inquiries regarding the website or setting up of your public surplus account.
- Viewing only period on Public Surplus is until the sale begins. You cannot bid prior to the sale opening. Please pay attention to the start and end times of the auction. We will not respond to emails and inquiries regarding this process.
- Each property will have a $1000 deposit required to bid. You will be prompted to do this at the time you place your first bid (after the sale is open). This is the only payment accepted by debit/credit card. All deposit funds will be returned unless you default on your purchase. This credit card hold will not go toward the purchase price of the property.
- Each property will have a $220 Administrative fee (subject to change) added to the price of the sale which covers: Recording fee, Deed preparation, and Excise preparation, and processing.
- Public Surplus charges a buyer premium of 5% of the total sale price, payable by the buyer at closing.
- Final payments will be accepted by Wire Transfer only, winning bidders will have 3 business days to complete this transaction or they will be in default.
- Bidding will begin for all parcels at 9 am. November 18, 2022, and will end at 9 pm. November 20, 2022; We will not respond to emails or inquiries asking why bids cannot be placed prior to the auction opening.
Updated Property Listings and Information
- CURRENT FORECLOSURE LIST -- Updated 11.03.2022
- 2022 Certificate of Delinquency
- United States (IRS) Answer (2012) (PDF) - This document outlines the "Interests of the United States" in the Federal Tax Liens that encumber a number of the Tax Foreclosure Parcels. If you have any further questions regarding the "Interests of the United States" or the impact of Federal Tax Liens on Tax Foreclosure Parcels, please contact either the United States Attorney's Office (whose contact is contained in the Answer) or consult an attorney of your choosing. Please note that the Clallam County Treasurer's office is not in a position to answer any questions regarding Federal Tax Liens.
If Your Property Is in Foreclosure
2019 (and prior) year with any foreclosure fees are due in full. You are allowed to pay the oldest year until September 1, 2022.
September 2, 2022 to November 17, 2022 (4:30pm) day before the sale - all tax years with any foreclosure fees are due in full to be able to remove your property from foreclosure proceedings. We can only accept certified funds i.e. cash, cashier's check, money order, or card payments collected in office only. Absolutely no personal checks or online payments will be accepted as certified funds. You have until 4:30 pm the day before the sale (November 17, 2022) to pay and redeem your property. Please contact our office 360-417-2344 for updated balance.
Foreclosure Property Title Report
2022 TITLE REPORTS FOR REMAINING FORECLOSURE PROPERTIES (updated 09.30.2022)
DAVID & SUE SCHULTZE
PID# 42722 Title Report - Schultze
S B ENTERPRISES
PID# 44427 Title Report - SB Enterprises
ROBERT & JEAN CUMMINGS
PID# 49721 Title Report - Cummings
PID# 50812 Title Report - Armstrong
ERNEST & BETTY ACOSTA
PID# 51779 Title Report - Acosta
PID# 51786 Title Report - Boling
CLALLAM COUNTY VOLUNTEER SEARCH & RESCUE
DAVID & DIANA MICHELSON
PID# 66217 Title Report - Michelson
PID# 77247 Title Report - Wilson