Domestic Violence

General Information

If you are the victim of domestic violence, contact law enforcement. You also have the right to file a petition in superior, district, or municipal court requesting an order for protection from domestic abuse which could include any of the following: (a) An order restraining your abuser from further acts of abuse; (b) an order directing your abuser to leave your household; (c) an order preventing your abuser from entering your residence, school, business, or place of employment; (d) an order awarding you or the other parent custody of or visitation with your minor child or children; and (e) an order restraining your abuser from molesting or interfering with minor children in your custody. The forms you need to obtain a protection order are available in any municipal, district, or superior court.

Information about shelters and alternatives to domestic violence is available from a statewide twenty-four-hour toll-free hotline at 800-799-7233. The battered women's shelter and other resources in your area are seen on the last page of this flyer" RCW 10.99.030 (7)

The Clallam County Sheriff's Office is committed to your safety and the safety of your family. If you feel your life or safety is in jeopardy, do not hesitate to call 911 immediately! If not an emergency, call our 24-hour a-day dispatch at 360-417-2459 to report the violation and speak to any one of our deputies who are trained to handle domestic violence issues.

The Sheriff's Office firmly believes that a community that educates itself is a safer and healthier community. Therefore, we are providing the following information and resources in order to help you understand domestic violence and avoid the fear and danger associated with it.

Help & Services

View the Resource Directory for: