Criminal Fines & Collections

Individuals who have been sentenced in Clallam County Superior Court may mail in their monthly payment to the clerk's Office with a cashier's check or money order. We do not accept personal checks. Be sure to include your full name and cause/case number with your payment. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you would like us to mail you a receipt for your payment.

You may also make your payment in our office. We accept cash, credit / debit cards, cashier's checks, or money orders. We do not accept personal checks.

Criminal fines may also be paid online. Please be aware that the credit card company charges a convenience fee to use this system. The fees are listed on their website under the above link.

If for any reason you are unable to make the minimum payment due during a calendar month, you must come in to the Clerk of Superior Court office no later than the first Friday of the following month to speak with a collection clerk to explain.

If you do not appear and have not made the minimum payment due for the proceeding month, the court may sign an Order to Show Cause requiring you to appear in court (failure to appear at the hearing may result in a bench warrant being issued for your arrest), and/or your account may be sent to a collection agency.

Payments are due any time during the month, you must pay no later than the last day of the month.

To lower your monthly payment you must motion the court and provide financial information. The Clerk's Office has the forms at the front counter for you to motion the court to have your monthly payment reduced. You can always pay more than the minimum ordered amount on your fines / fees.

Interest on your fines / fees other than restitution may be waived if you pay off your principal balance. Please let the Clerk's Office staff know when you are paying off your balance, we will then motion the Court on your behalf to have the interest waived. If you are not paying off the principal balance but wish to motion the Court to waive the non-restitution interest you can obtain the forms to do so in the Clerk's office.