County Clerk of Superior Court
The Clallam County Superior Court Clerk's Office is located in Port Angeles, the county seat. The Superior Court Clerk's Office's primary responsibility is to file and index all records filed for the Clallam County Superior Courts and Family Court.
- Criminal Felony Cases
- Civil Filings
- Domestic Filings
- Probate/Guardianship Filings
- Paternity/Adoption Filings
- Mental Illness Filings
- Juvenile Dependency Filings
- Juvenile Offender Filings
Timelines for Filing & Ex Parte or Motion Calendars
You may click on Clallam County Superior Court Local Rules to obtain information on Filing and Motion deadlines.
We have daily Ex Parte Hearings at 1 pm with an 11 am filing deadline.
Friday Civil and Criminal motion calendars rotate between Judges Brent Basden, Lauren Erickson, and Simon Barnhart. See Trial / Judges Scheduling for which Judge will be on the bench on a specific date and time.
Child Support matters are heard on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month at 11 am. Special Report Mental Health Calendar is on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month at 11 am, and Non-Family Protection Order matters are scheduled at 10:30 am on Fridays.
Commissioner Brandon Mack's Civil Motion calendar is every Friday at 8:30 am for adoptions, 9 am for family law matters, and 1:30 pm for Domestic Violence hearings.
New Criminal cases or "Fresh Arrests" are heard daily at 1 pm or 3 pm on Thursdays. The Clerk's office receives confirmation of these Criminal Ex-Parte matters by 11:45 am on the day of the hearing. You may check with the Clerk's Office or Court Administrator for more information.
The Clerk's Office does not accept Fax or Email Filings.
- Do you accept debit cards, credit cards or personal checks?
Yes, we do accept credit or debit cards. No personal checks will be accepted.
- What forms do I need for my divorce, probate, or other court case?
Our office is not qualified to provide this service. We maintain records for Superior Court and this is where proceedings are filed, but we are restricted by law on our services and we cannot provide legal advice. If your case is a family matter you may wish to contact the Family Court Facilitator at 360-417-2588, room 212 in the courthouse, or pro bono at 888-201-1014, or Northwest Justice 360-452-9137, at 1020 Caroline Street, Port Angeles. Our main web page also lists other resources available that are not family court matters.
- What forms do we provide?
Domestic violence protection order packets, case information cover sheet (required for new case filings), guardianship summary, return of service, motion for waiver of a civil filing fee, and motion and order to amend pay or appear payments. These are available on our main webpage under “Forms”.
- Civil Proceedings - General Information for Self-Represented Persons (PDF)
- Clallam County Clerk Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Document Cover Sheet (PDF)
- Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Crime Victim Resource List (PDF)
- Emancipation (PDF)
- Extreme Risk Protection Order Packet (PDF)
- Guardianship Summary (PDF)
- JIS Database Information Search Form (PDF)
- Jury Information (PDF)
- Letters of Guardianship (PDF)
- Motion and Declaration For Waiver of Civil Filing Fees and Surcharges (PDF)
- Motion Modify-Terminate Order for Protection Form (PDF)
- Petition for Order for Protection Packet (PDF)
- Return of Service Form (PDF)