All recorded documents, except surveyed maps, are required to meet the following document standardization requirements, in compliance with chapters 36.18 and 65.04 of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW):
- The first page of the document must include:
- A three-inch margin at the top and a one-inch margin on the sides and bottom
- A Return address
- Title(s) of instrument(s)
- Reference number of documents assigned or released
- Names of grantors and grantees
- Abbreviated legal description with the lot, block, plat or section, township, and range
- Assessor's tax parcel number
- Additional pages require a one-inch margin on all sides
- All pages of the document must be on paper of a weight and color capable of producing a legible image
- Pages must not be larger than 8 1/2 inches wide and 14 inches long
- The text of the documents must be printed in 8-point type (approximately 1/8 inch) or larger
- All documents must be prepared in an ink color capable of being imaged
- No attachment may be taped, stapled, or glued to the pages of the documents
Documents that do not meet the requirements for the first page will need a cover sheet.
Documents that do not meet all other requirements will be returned for reformatting before they can be recorded.
If you have any questions you can contact the Clallam County Auditor's Office at 360-417-2220 for more information.