Dead Bird Reporting

I found a dead bird in Clallam County. Now what do I do?

What you can do: 

  • Report sick/dead domestic birds to Washington State Department of Agriculture's Avian Health Program: 1-800-606-3056.
  • Report online sick/dead wild birds suspected of avian flu to the Washington State Department of Fish & Wildlife.
  • Bird hunters should follow standard safety steps to avoid potential exposure to avian influenza and other viruses or bacteria. 
  • Visit the Washington State Department of Agriculture’s Avian Health Program website for information on how to best protect your flock 
  • Call the Washington State Department of Health for questions about your own health: 1-800-525-0127. 

Please do not bring dead birds to the Health Department. You may dispose of it by placing it in a doubled plastic bag, using gloves or a shovel. Dead animals should not be picked up with your bare hands.