I found a dead bird in Clallam County. Now what do I do?
What you can do:
- Report sick/dead domestic birds to Washington State Department of Agriculture's Avian Health Program: 1-800-606-3056.
- Report online sick/dead wild birds suspected of avian flu to the Washington State Department of Fish & Wildlife.
- Bird hunters should follow standard safety steps to avoid potential exposure to avian influenza and other viruses or bacteria.
- Visit the Washington State Department of Agriculture’s Avian Health Program website for information on how to best protect your flock
- Call the Washington State Department of Health for questions about your own health: 1-800-525-0127.
Please do not bring dead birds to the Health Department. You may dispose of it by placing it in a doubled plastic bag, using gloves or a shovel. Dead animals should not be picked up with your bare hands.