Sheriff's Office (Civil Service) Jobs
The Clallam County Sheriff’s Office is actively recruiting for Corrections Deputy & Deputy Sheriff.
Offering a $10,000 Hiring Incentive for Entry Level Corrections Deputy & Deputy Sheriff new hires!
Offering a $25,000 Hiring Incentive for Lateral Corrections Deputy & Lateral Deputy Sheriff!
Continuous Testing Information
We test continuously for Lateral Deputy Sheriff and Lateral Corrections Deputy. To have a lateral (only) application packet mailed to you, Email Brenda Wenzl or call 360-417-2396. Lateral Entry applications can also be downloaded here: Lateral Deputy Sheriff application - Lateral Corrections Deputy application.
We also test continuously for the Entry Level Deputy Sheriff and Entry Level Corrections Deputy positions, please see the steps below.
Civil Service Application & Examination Process
Step 1. Application Process
- Take the Entry Level Deputy Sheriff written exam for FREE with Public Safety Testing.
- Take the Entry Level Corrections Deputy written exam for FREE with Public Safety Testing.
For job information and requirements, and to register to take the test for the position which interests you, please visit links above, or phone Public Safety Testing toll-free at 866-447-3911 (1-866-HIRE-911).
You must pass the testing process administered by Public Safety Testing before you will be sent an application for any of the above positions.
Step 2. Examination Process
- Once applicants pass the written exam and PAT, they will be invited to complete an application to be ranked and placed on a civil service employment list. The employment list is good for one year.
- There is no charge to the applicant to take the written exam with Public Safety Testing.
- If you are a local applicant, the Physical Abilities Test (PAT) can be administered locally, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up you PAT – there is no charge to the applicant to take the PAT.
- When there is an opening for a Civil Service position, the Sheriff will request the top five names from the Employment List. It will be up to the Sheriff’s Office to contact you for an interview/oral board.
Step 3. Hiring Standards & Background Investigation Process
- Applicants must meet Sheriff’s Office hiring standards. For minimum requirements and to qualify for civil service employment, background standards and additional information, please read the following applicant disqualifiers document which can be found HERE.
- If you are selected and given a conditional offer of employment, you will be contacted to arrange for a personal history statement interview, polygraph, psychological, and medical evaluation.
- Failure to successfully complete any phase of the Sheriff’s Office hiring process is cause for removal from the employment list.
Application Process for positions other than Corrections Deputy and Deputy Sheriff with the Sheriff’s Office:
- Applications are accepted online when there is an open recruitment announcement (see Clallam County Employment Opportunitues)
- Only Clallam County online applications are accepted; resumes or other materials are not accepted in lieu of an application.