District Court II (West)
Clallam County District Court II serves the West End of Clallam County, including Forks, Neah Bay, Clallam Bay, Sekiu and LaPush. The court's jurisdiction extends from Lake Crescent on the East to the Pacific Ocean on the West and from the Strait of Juan de Fuca to the North to Jefferson County to the South.
District Court II handles a wide variety of cases, including:
- Criminal and traffic misdemeanors (penalties of up to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine) and gross misdemeanors (penalties of up to 364 days in jail and a $5,000 fine)
- Traffic Infractions
- Domestic violence protection orders and civil anti-harassment orders
- Civil cases involving disputes no greater than $100,000
- Small claims cases involving disputes no greater than $10,000
- I want to file a divorce, can I do that in your court?
District Court does not handle divorce cases. You would need to contact Clallam County Superior Court. You also may want to contact the courthouse facilitator, 360-417-2588, who may be able to assist you with forms and procedural advice.
- I have a green ticket and I want to come to court, how do I do that?
Read the back of your ticket completely. Determine what kind of hearing you are seeking. Check the appropriate box, sign it and mail or bring it into our office within the 15 days. The court will then set a court date and notify you by mail.
- I received a warrant in the mail and I was wondering how to take care of it?
Walk-in warrants are any Thursday (excluding holidays) at 1:30 pm. You will appear in the clerks office at 1:30 pm, pay a $100 (cash or money order) warrant fee per warrant and be placed on the calendar for 2:00pm.