Most of Streamkeepers' physical -habitat monitoring was discontinued in 2005. The following memos from that year describe this decision:
- Cover memo to advisors re: sampling revisions
- Physical habitat sampling revision briefing paper
- Advisors' condensed responses re: sampling plan
- Decisions re: Physical habitat sampling plan
Streamkeepers' Physical Habitat Index (PHI)
Streamkeepers developed a Physical Habitat for Salmonids Index (PHI), based on physical habitat parameters that we monitor. This work developed in several stages:
- Our initial PHI paper describing the metrics we initially developed, and presented to the National Water Quality Monitoring Council (NWQMC) national conference in May 2004.
- Our draft PHI scores based on a somewhat later version of the PHI, after some preliminary feedback on our paper. We discarded one metric, (conifer stem count) and adjusted several others.
- Our PowerPoint presentation to the National Water Quality Monitoring Council annual conference 2004.
- Our "Further Development of a PHI" paper written by our Volunteer Research Team in 2009.