I have bills as a result of this crime. How can I get them paid?

If you have medical bills or funeral expenses resulting from a crime, Crime Victim's Compensation may cover expenses not covered by your insurance company, including deductibles and copays. Generally speaking, you are responsible to pay most other bills. If a defendant is found guilty, he or she could be ordered to pay restitution to you and/or your insurance company. In order to have restitution ordered, you must provide the Prosecuting Attorney's office with a summary and receipts for your losses. You can always contact the victim/witness coordinator in our office at 360-417-2587 for more information as to restitution.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a crime?
2. I am a victim of a crime. Do I have any rights?
3. Will I have to testify?
4. Can I drop the charges?
5. I have bills as a result of this crime. How can I get them paid?
6. When will I receive my restitution?
7. I have been threatened or contacted by the defendant. What can I do?
8. An attorney or investigator has been contacting me about the case. Do I have to talk to them?
9. Can someone attend the interview with me?
10. How can I be notified if the defendant is released from jail?
11. How do I know when and where to go to court?