Where do you go to obtain this help?

If you are a victim of a domestic violence crime, immediately call for help from law enforcement. Whichever agency investigates should be requested to inform the judge that a no contact order is required as a part of the crime that is charged. As a further follow-up, contact the appropriate court as soon as possible and request through the clerk's office or the prosecutor that you wish that a no contact order be issued as a part of the preliminary appearance or arraignment process. If a domestic violence protection order is the appropriate alternative, you make an application with the Superior Court Clerk's Office. A civil anti-harassment protection order is obtained at the Clallam County District Court office.

Show All Answers

1. What are the three different alternatives available for protection?
2. Where do you go to obtain this help?
3. How do you apply for an anti-harassment protection order?
4. Are there restrictions on where you can file?
5. Is there a fee to file an anti-harassment petition?
6. How does the court decide if there is harassment?
7. What kind of protection can the order provide?
8. What if the order is violated?