Development of the Shoreline Master Program (SMP)
Note: Many of our documents are in portable document format (PDF), and some are very large.
Finding of Adequacy passed per Resolution 12, 2022
Ecology will now begin the formal review process for determining whether your submittal is consistent with RCW 90.58 (Shoreline Management Act) and WAC 173-26, Part III (the SMP Guidelines). We are required to hold a 30-day public comment period. Before the 30-day public comment period we will advertise and notify interested parties about your submittal.
Ecology's Public Comment Period: March 14 to April 13, 2022, 5 pm
Please provide comments on Clallam County's Shoreline Master Program Periodic Review. Authority for the periodic review is based on Washington's Shoreline Management Act (Ch. 90.58 RCW) and related rules.
The County has conducted a review and is proposing no changes by adoption of a Finding of Adequacy. The county's SMP was comprehensively updated in 2021 and regulates shoreline use and development along approximately 131 miles of marine shoreline, 481 miles of river and creek shorelines, and six lakes totaling approximately 1,500 acres. County shorelines of statewide significance include the marine waters of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and Pacific Ocean as well as the Bogachiel, Calawah, Elwha, Quillayute, and Sol Duc Rivers. Many additional county shorelines along local rivers, creeks, and lakes are also covered by the SMP.
Send comments to:
WA Department of Ecology
P.O. Box 47775
Olympia, WA 98504-7775
You can also get in contact by email.
Comments are due April 13, 2022, by 5 pm.
Visit the Department of Ecology's website to review SMP documents.
- County Commissioners January 18, 2022 Packet Materials
- County Commissioners January 11, 2022 Packet Materials
- County Commissioner October 29 and 30th, 2018 Meeting Packet Materials (PDF)
- County Commissioner October 15, 2018 Work Session SMP Meeting Packet Materials (PDF)
- County Commissioner September 17, 2018 Work Session SMP Meeting Materials (Includes Revised Draft SMP) (PDF)
- County Commissioner August 20, 2018 Work Session SMP Meeting Packet Materials (PDF)
- County Commissioner August 13, 2018 Work Session SMP Meeting Packet Materials (PDF)
- County Commissioner August 6, 2018 Work Session SMP Meeting Packet Materials (PDF)
- County Commissioner July 23, 2018 Work Session SMP Meeting Packet Materials (PDF)
- County Commissioners July 16, 2018 Work Session SMP Meeting Packet Materials (PDF)
- County Commissioners June 11, 2018 Work Session Materials (PDF)
- Board of County Commissioners Worksession March 5, 2018 (PDF)
- County Commissioner February 12, 2018 Worksession (PDF)
- Sequim Regional Public Forum (November 14, 2017) (PDF)
- Presentation to County Commissioners November 13, 2017 (PDF)
- Port Angeles Regional Public Forum November 8, 2017 (PDF)
- Forks Regional Public Forum November 6, 2017 (PDF)
- Sekiu Regional Public Forum November 2, 2017 (PDF)
- Staff Presentation to the County Commissioners October 30, 2017 (PDF)
- Presentation to Planning Commission June 7, 2017 (PDF)